Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hw 6 Intrests

For my semester long project I hope to study three social computing techniques. The first one is instant messaging. The reason why I am so interested in Instant messenger is because I have used it since I was in 6th grade and I would like to research how many others have as well. I also plan on studying social networking services like face book and my space. I have an account on both of these websites and I would like to learn what kids in parts of the U.S and outside of it go on. For the final social computing technique I choose blogging and web blogs. This a new thing for me and id really like to learn more about it. The three groups I choose were overcoming sexism, overcoming homophobia and overcoming ageism. To many times in our world today people are judged on there gender, sexual preference and age. I would like to learn more about this. I would like to study people from North America, the United States and Europe. I choose The United States because it is where I am from and I would like to get to know more about the people in my country. I choose Europe because although there culture is different they share a lot of the same ideas with the United States. I hope to learn a lot of new ideas, concepts, and information through this project.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

All good topics. I look forward to seeing what your research turns up.