Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hw 31 SCIRI

When I began reading this part of Riverbend’s blogs I came upon something called the SCIRI. I knew this had something to do with politics and Riverbend seemed not to like it so I decided to look it up. In her post she shows another blog that mentions the SCIRI and is saying if you agree with them you are an Iraq clone(Riverbend 43). When I looked up SCIRI I found that it is a political party in Iraq. SCIRI stands for the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution. It is now known as the Supreme Islamic Iraqi council. The party is now run by Abdul Aziz al Hakim and it used to be run by his brother (Wikipedia 2007). Finding out all this information really made it easier to understand who everyone is that Riverbend talks about. It is so confusing trying to learn all the political parties and all the different members of the government. Riverbend is so knowledgeable of the government in Iraq and in the United States. At some points I believe she knows me then I do about the U.S. government.

"Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council." Wikipedia. 2007. Wikipedia. 13 Nov 2007

Riverbend. Baghdad Burning. first. New York: The Feminist Press, 2005.

No comments: