Tuesday, November 6, 2007

An open letter to Riverbend (Hw 28)

Dear Riverbend,
I find your blog extremely inspiring and informative. I feel that your blog is the only place I can find out true information about the war in Iraq. You are very unlike newspapers and reporters because you tell the straight truth and do not hate against either side of the war. I commend you for this. The most shocking part of your blog was when you said people were sending you hate emails. I couldn’t believe this. Living in the United States I know how judgmental and cruel people can be but I was truly shocked. Being a blogger myself I think the point of having a blog is to be able to express your own feelings. If people do not agree with this, I think they should just keep there mouth shut. When you spoke about the stifling heat and how the power went out almost every day I really felt for your situation. I feel blessed to have these amenities that most take for granted. When you speak about guns going off and how you can identify each one and who’s firing it, I was appalled. This is something I could never get used to as a teenage girl. You are so strong and courageous in your blog and I admire how you only tell the facts. Thanks for writing such inspirational works.

Noreen Scott

No comments: