Monday, October 22, 2007

Hw 23- Return of the Bridezilla

With apologies to Virginia Woolf
Cleopatra must have had a way with her, Lady Macbeth one would suppose had a will of her own Rosalind one might conclude was an attractive girl. Professor Trevelyan is speaking no more than the truth when he remarks that Shakespeare’s women do not seem wanting in personality and character” (42-43 Woolf). This to me also relates to the article I read on the blog entitled Jezebel. The article “Hells Bells Return of the British Bridezilla’s” portrays women in a very demoralizing way. We should be thankful all women do not act like this. Although I fear of women being put down in writing I am pleasantly happy to see women being able to choose their own husband. Arranged marriage is a thing of yesteryear. These women however are les then satisfying to my taste. I feel as though freedom is taken for granted now. In the article these women are being made fun of for being able to choose what they want to do. I pray that women do not take freedom for granted. It has been so hard to gain for me. The concept in this article seems a bit foolish although. Putting on your wedding gown to raise money for charity, it’s ludicrous to me. I do not understand how these concepts relate but I am left with a feeling of content because of the freedom these women exuberate.

No comments: